Sunaa Besha Observed five times during a year. Generally the besha happen on Bijaya Dashami ( October ), Kartik Purnima ( November ) Pausa Purnima ( December ) Magha Purnima ( January ) & Asadha Ekadashi ( July ) . The last Besha is observed on the chariot in front of Temple, other four Besha are observed in temple on Ratana Singhasana. This Besha has been observed since 1232. During the reign of Anaga Vima Dev the king of Utkal, Sri Jagannath declared as state God . The Gods are decorated with various gold ornaments during Besha. The total weight of the Ornaments are more than one quintal.
The name of the ornaments as Odiya Language
- @jpsin1 @OurBDL @Shehzad_Ind U donot know,Hidutwa is never divisive,Ekm Sat ,Vipra bahuda Bvadanti.those hu r intolerent,not to preach
- @vembanat @sgurumurthy Ekam Sat, Vipra Bahuda Vadanti- the chief tenet of Hindus, dis tolerance exploited by other religions. Hindus beware
- ' Ekang Sadwipra Bahuda vadanti'--the first and foremost chant of secularism comes from Vedas--the mother of all religions in the world.
- @ARangarajan1972 @KanchanGupta also that ekam sat viprah bahuda subterfuge too
- @ASUSIndia #IncredibleASUS very less will be dare to capture a photo lyk dis at the time of Rathyatra at puri. http://t.co/WYPSOxwPpo
- RT @AhmedabadBeat: We celebrate Janmashtami, Diwali, Eid, Holi Together & Muslim take part in RathYatra too.Then Why Ban Entry of Muslims i…
- RT SatyendarJain: Rathyatra at vill. Kotana Dist Bagpat attended today. Lot of childhood memories attached to my... http://t.co/HtyKqUbGgB
- RT @SatyendarJain: Rathyatra at vill. Kotana Dist Bagpat attended today. Lot of childhood memories attached to my mother's village. http://…