Sunaa Besha Observed five times during a year. Generally the besha happen on Bijaya Dashami ( October ), Kartik Purnima ( November ) Pausa Purnima ( December ) Magha Purnima ( January ) & Asadha Ekadashi ( July ) . The last Besha is observed on the chariot in front of Temple, other four Besha are observed in temple on Ratana Singhasana. This Besha has been observed since 1232. During the reign of Anaga Vima Dev the king of Utkal, Sri Jagannath declared as state God . The Gods are decorated with various gold ornaments during Besha. The total weight of the Ornaments are more than one quintal.
The name of the ornaments as Odiya Language
- 48th Annual San Francisco Rathyatra (2014) (Album 150 photos) -- San Francisco Rathyatra is the first Rathyatr... http://t.co/UsR4ZRHh6t
- 48th Annual San Francisco Rathyatra (2014). http://t.co/LLZ3eN9fau
- How did #Modi, the charioteer of #Advani’s communal based RathYatra outmaneuver his one time master? http://t.co/jfpY90BdbD
- @1patelzuber LK Advani, Joshi powerful leaders worked a lot to divide people,dropped,RathYatra goes in vain @drunkvinodmehta @faridapatel
- Lord Jagannath! #rathyatra #leicester #festivalofchariots https://t.co/bJlNX8E7xQ
- RT @missmumbai1: @SamitLive b4 Rathyatra, BJP's top leaders wr unknown to aam aadmi. May be RSS volunteers arranged vote, but leader's face…
- RT @SamitLive: How mere a "Rathyatra" changed India's destiny. Nation owes everything to Atal, LK & MM. My Salutations!!