Om Krusnaya basudebaya Debaki Nandnayacha, Nanda Gopa Kumaraya, Gobindaya Namo Namah
Today is Janamstami , the birth of Lord Krisna also known as “Krishnashtami”,”Saatam Aatham” ,”Gokulashtami”, “Ashtami Rohini”, “Srikrishna Jayanti”, “Sree Jayanthi” .
- Today's krishna janmastami festival in Udupi city for the welcome to all....
- today's Shri Modi Janmastami.let us all hail for our king shri Narendra Modiji. long live the king long live India long live Indians.
- @ktjana @chutki_june19 @AshishChowdhry @jaishri1901 @amna_hundal happy krish a janmastami dear! Beautiful pooja room! Stay blessed always 💗
- Today we celebrate happy,joyfull sri krishana janmastami in my home (lord Krishana bless all) http://t.co/mhMnMaNwcs
- Krishna Janmastami sweets at work place. \m/
- Srivaishana Sampradayam to worship Lord Krishna Janmastami is being celebrated 2day! I wish all of u on the happy day of KrishnaJanmashtami.
- Happy #Janmastami... http://t.co/GkNkGfL9D2
- 🎆🎆🎆Happy Janmashtamy to all🎆🎆🎆 http://t.co/sfL5HeaOVU
- good morning to all and happy janmastami..............
- I'm bit confusd wit this Sri Krishna Jayanti celeb in Kerala tomorrow.We already had Janmastami last month.Anyway Happy Sri Krishna Jayanti!
- Wish You A Happy Janmastami http://t.co/Cp7cmk5GNW
The festival is ovserved in all over world among krisna devotees, detailed story of Janmashtami or Lord Krishna’s birth has been narrated in Puranas. The birth of Lord Krishna took place when the various planets were in auspicious places. It is said that God chooses a particular time, as to when he will take birth as a human and the planetary systems are adjusted accordingly.
Ardent followers of Lord Krishna celebrate Janmashtami by keeping ‘Nirjal’ fasts. This kind of fasting involves not having even a single drop of water during the entire day. People feel keeping nirjal or waterless fasts will help them get closer to God.
Famouse Odiya writer Atibadi Jagannath Dash has narrated in Odiya
“Nila Jimuta Dehakanti
Balaya Mani Jhtakanti
Pitabasana Kati Sohe
Rupe Kotiye Kamamohe
Kati Mekhala Suna Suta
Hrudaye Padaja Paita
Kiriti Kundala Kankana
Pade Nupura Runujhnu
Disai Sankha Chakra Teja
Markata Stamaba Chaturvuja
Gada Kamala Sankhachakra
Adhara Ostha Ranganetra ( Odiya Bhagabata )
Om Namo Bhagavate Basudebaya
http://t.co/sG645B07gr Wish You All Happy Janmastami – Hati Ghoda Paliki Jay Kanhiya Laal Ki – Aaaha Mo Nanda Kule Gobinda
— PURIWAVES (@PURIWAVES) August 28, 2013