Janmastami – Om Krusnaya basudebaya Namoh Namah
- RT @pradeep_pani: On the midnight of June 15, Daitapati servitors would perform 'Ghata Paribartan' , a key ritual of Nabakalebara of #mylor…
- RT @PURIWAVES: http://t.co/NFEcdDHM2k Puri temple priest Kashinath Dasmohapatra on Friday demanded polygraph test of all the nine daitapati…
- http://t.co/NFEcdDHM2k Puri temple priest Kashinath Dasmohapatra on Friday demanded polygraph test of all the nine daitapati priests
- Suspended daitapati Kasinath demands polygraph test of other daitapatis. Says 5,including 4 badagrahies touched Brahma #Nabakalebara #Odisha
Download Jagannath Wallpaper
Om Krusnaya basudebaya Debaki Nandnayacha, Nanda Gopa Kumaraya, Gobindaya Namo Namah
Today is Janamstami , the birth of Lord Krisna also known as “Krishnashtami”,”Saatam Aatham” ,”Gokulashtami”, “Ashtami Rohini”, “Srikrishna Jayanti”, “Sree Jayanthi” .
- RT @johnabharam: Happy janmastami to all of you #enjoy
- very good wish on the occasion of shree janmastami...
The festival is ovserved in all over world among krisna devotees, detailed story of Janmashtami or Lord Krishna’s birth has been narrated in Puranas. The birth of Lord Krishna took place when the various planets were in auspicious places. It is said that God chooses a particular time, as to when he will take birth as a human and the planetary systems are adjusted accordingly.
Ardent followers of Lord Krishna celebrate Janmashtami by keeping ‘Nirjal’ fasts. This kind of fasting involves not having even a single drop of water during the entire day. People feel keeping nirjal or waterless fasts will help them get closer to God.
Famouse Odiya writer Atibadi Jagannath Dash has narrated in Odiya
“Nila Jimuta Dehakanti
Balaya Mani Jhtakanti
Pitabasana Kati Sohe
Rupe Kotiye Kamamohe
Kati Mekhala Suna Suta
Hrudaye Padaja Paita
Kiriti Kundala Kankana
Pade Nupura Runujhnu
Disai Sankha Chakra Teja
Markata Stamaba Chaturvuja
Gada Kamala Sankhachakra
Adhara Ostha Ranganetra ( Odiya Bhagabata )
Om Namo Bhagavate Basudebaya
http://t.co/sG645B07gr Wish You All Happy Janmastami – Hati Ghoda Paliki Jay Kanhiya Laal Ki – Aaaha Mo Nanda Kule Gobinda
— PURIWAVES (@PURIWAVES) August 28, 2013
Upcoming Brat, Festivals & Events
Sarbasammat Ekadashi Sarbasammat Ekadashi Puri, Odisha Puri, Odisha