rathayatra >> Chariot ( Rath) Details
Jul 2013 VIEWS: 1,520
Horses used in Rathyatra
There is no comparable festival in the world, which is so gracefully and devotionally accepted and observed by the mass regardless of caste, creed, color and community..
when soul becomes the voyager, body the chariot will become the strategist, and wisdom the pilot
- Chariot Name: Nandighosa
- Chariot Height: 45 feet, six inches.
- Number and Height of Wheels: 16 wheels measuring six feet in diameter.
- Chariot Colors: Yellow and red. (Lord Jagannath is associated with Lord Krishna, also known as Pitambara, “the one draped in golden yellow robes”).
- Horse Color: White.
- Charioteer: Daruka.
- Chariot Name: Taladhwaja — meaning “one with the palm tree on its flag”.
- Chariot Height: 45 feet.
- Number and Height of Wheels: 14 wheels measuring six feet six inches in diameter.
- Chariot Colors: Green and red.
- Horse Color: Black.
- Charioteer: Matali.
- Chariot Name: Debadalana — meaning literally, “trampler of pride”.
- Chariot Height: 44 feet, six inches.
- Number and Height of Wheels: 12 wheels, measuring six feet eight inches in diameter.
- Chariot Colors: Black and red. (Black is traditionally associated with female energy shakti and the Mother Goddess).
- Horse Color: Red.
- Charioteer: Arjuna.