Odisha Puri Rathyatra 2013
The most celebrated and respected festival of Odisha, Ratha Yatra or the Car Festival, the Festival of Chariots, is held with religious grandeur at Puri, the south-east seashore town in Orissa. The presiding deities of the main temple, Sri Mandira, Lord Jagannatha, Lord Balabhadra and Goddess Subhadra, with the celestial wheel Sudarshana are taken out from the temple precincts in an elaborate ritual procession and seated on three colorfully decorated huge chariots, which are then drawn by hundreds and thousands of devotees on the Bada Danda(Grand Road) to the Gundicha Temple, some three kilometers away to the North. After a stay for nine days, the deities return to their abode in the same way. Read More
Latest Photos Of Rathyatra 2012 Latest Photos Of Rathyatra 2013
Chariot ( Rath ), itself is God, We should not put feet on chariots.
- For the Nabakalebara of Lord Jagannath State gov should constitute a fund to raise money from devotees.Campaign can be start at local level
- For the Nabakalebara of Lord Jagannath, State gov should constitute a fund to raise money from devotees.Campaign can be start at local level
- Happy Summer Holidays to all ... Enjoy.. I m going to Lord Jagannath Temple at every evening in my home town .....
- Lord Jagannath in Bamana Avatar... Jay Jagannath . . http://t.co/ijETWNJbIM
- RT @PURIWAVES: Mahima of Shri Lord Jagannath :: Transformation of a Male to Female http://t.co/wzveQjH8DE via @puriwaves #vakti